Resources for Relocating Seniors
The team at A Changing Season can assist with senior relocation to the following residences in Denton, Dallas and Ft. Worth:
- 55 + Communities – Restricted communities for residents over 55 years of age. Many of these properties offer an option to lease or own and often include a clubhouse and upscale living amenities.
- Independent Living Retirement Communities – Similar to apartment living, independent living facilities provide residences with diverse amenities and social activities such as cultural and educational events.
- Assisted Living Communities – For residents with limited abilities, these communities provide personalized care through bathing, grooming, dressing, and feeding services in both private and semi-private rooms.
- Residential Care Homes – Similar to a residential community, these individual homes offer private rooms with a shared common area. Meals and general housekeeping are usually included. Nurses are available to provide medications and living services.
- Memory Care – Reserved for residents with Alzheimer’s or other memory-related diseases, these communities provide specialized care, twenty-four-hour supervision, meals, and activities. Read more information on Alzheimer’s.
- Skilled Nursing – Often referred to as a nursing home, these communities are designed for seniors who are in need of twenty-four-hour supervision and round-the-clock care. Many offer rehabilitation as well.
- Continuing Care Retirement Communities – These communities offer either independent or assisted care. Seniors can move between independent living, assisted living, and nursing care as needed.
- Aging in Place – Aging at home allows seniors to remain at home with daily or weekly health and housing services. Making home modifications such as installing easy-access showers, open doorways and de-cluttering is a must.
- Hospice – By providing comfort and compassion to seniors with life limited illnesses, hospice brings dignity and emotional support to those in the last stages of life. Some hospice centers provide medical staff.
- Elder Law Attorneys – Specialists in wills, estate planning, and regulations regarding seniors.
- Document Shredding – It is critical to guard seniors against identity theft through the destruction of old papers containing personal information.
What People Are Saying!
Rainbow Senior Moves was fantastic. Erin coordinated my mother’s move to assisted living and was friendly and helpful. She responded to me quickly with a fair estimate. The truck showed up exactly when expected. Sam and John got to work immediately and efficiently packed and loaded everything. We had art work that needed special packing for storage and they did a fantastic job. Sam did an amazing job keeping everything going smoothly. I highly recommend this company, they are very professional and treated my mother’s belongings like they were there own.